2 Salettinians are ALAY 2017 Awardees

Marc Angelo Martinez  | theofficialmarcangelomartinez@gmail.com

“To reach out the less, the left and the lost in our society.”  “To reach out the less, the left and the lost in our society.”

Thus said Mr. Samuel F. Adelan during his inspirational talk before conferring awards to the ten awardees who passed the qualifications for ALAY 2017.
Out of the ten student leaders all over Cagayan Valley screened and chosen, two outstanding Salettinians conferred the Adelan Leadership Award for Young Servants 2017 (ALAY2017) headed by the Samuel F. Adelan Foundation thru its sole benefactor, Mr. Samuel F. Adelan last March 9, 2017 at the Isabela Provincial Amphitheater, City of Ilagan, Isabela.

The ALAY2017 seeks to recognize student-leaders who unselfishly share their knowledge, time and energy in serving their school and fellow students through empowerment and community service. These two Salettinians were Mr. Glenford O. Fernando, the current Editor-in-Chief of The Salettinian, the official student publication and Ms. Aira V. Pangilinan, the President of Student Executive Council (SEC), the highest student governing council of the University of La Salette. They were accompanied by Mr. Isagani Gregorio, the secretary of the Office of Student Services and Affairs, Mrs. Emilyn Munar, the Moderator of The Salettinian and their respective parents.

Mr. Adelan emphasized the important role of student leadership in building a better nation. He believed that through giving recognitions, they can be a great influence to the community they belong. These Salattinians, in return, promised to continue serving their community through various programs that promote peace and love for country.

47 total views, 1 views today