Student Leaders Convene in Bakbakan and Balitaktakan 2017

Marc Angelo Martinez  | theofficialmarcangelomartinez@gmail.com

The Salettinian, the official Student Publication of the University of La Salette, Inc together with the Associacion Polis Scire, the political science students’ organization of the University spearheaded the first ever Bakbakan at Balitaktakan 2017 which was participated by secondary students all over Santiago City last January 31, 2017, at the ULS New Gymnasium.

With the theme ‘Advancing Political Liberty and Social Responsibility’, the first part was a quiz bee about social trends and issues, history and political science where Divisoria High School won the first place followed by the Santiago City National High School- Rosario Extension and University of La Salette High School Department respectively.Meanwhile in the afternoon, Aira V. Pangilinan, the outgoing Student Executive Council President talked about student leadership. Wilbelle Hernandez, the researcher of the ULS debate team discussed the Batang Bilanggo Bill and SK Reform Law and lastly, Precious Salumbre, one of the speakers of the ULS Debate Team talked about the era of oversharing in social media.

“It was a great experience to talk in front of these students. Based on how they answer my questions, all of them are really intelligent that is why I am hoping that this will not be the last time that I will be talking in front of this kind of audience,” said Miss Salumbre when asked about her experience in the forum.

The members of the Salettinian Editorial Board were happy in the success of their event and they are looking forward to organizing another one next academic year.TS

834 total views, 0 views today

Be the first to comment